- Supported by BBC Children In Need for its work in the community providing all young people an equal opportunity in music.
- Established for 8+ years helping the creative and career development of young people across Bolton.
- Working with 11-18 year olds, project will start on 6th May 2017 running until March 2018.
- Annual community festival on Saturday 29th July 2017 at Queens Park.
- Participant and Music Leader applications click here.
Long-running Bolton creative youth project, Rock It!, has been awarded funding from BBC Children In Need for its programme of work from May 2017 – March 2018. Sessions take place on Saturdays during term time with four performance events, including our annual outdoor festival taking place on Saturday 29th July at Queens Park.
Rock It! uses contemporary music (Rock, pop, indie) to provide creative, skills and career development for young people aged 11-18 across Bolton and surrounding areas. With a focus on inclusivity and tackling disadvantage, applicants are welcome from beginners to more experienced, and costs are kept low at just £8 per session to ensure access for everyone.
As a youth-led programme, Rock It! provides volunteer training for young people aged up to 21 to support their peers and get involved in events management, training and music tuition.
For other queries, browse this site or email Project Co-ordinator Mindee Hutchinson at email@example.com or call her on 07967 002573.